Friday, August 28, 2009

WAKE UP CALL

I really do trust people it has been one of my many downfalls.
Because I have real faith in mankind. I am also a Virgo, that should say it all.
However, saying this I also believe that everyone else cares as much as I do.
pphhhhhtttttt, not. Maybe about themselves. I was reminded of this lately as my
neurosurgeon's office failed to mention to me, that they had delayed my brain/decompression surgery. What?!!!! They didn't even bother to let me know, a few days bwfore my surgery,I called to see if there were any blood tests I needed to get before hand. The receptionist is like surgery? for what? I wanted to slap someone.!!!! I said when was I going to be told? My family took off work to be there!
I guess I always try to put myself in another person's shoes. But not everyone does that, but common sense would give a phone call to the patient. Also you don't make a patient wait for 3 1/2 weeks then tell them a few days before. Now my pcp doc who really is great guy started me on Diamox for the pressure in my head and the swelling of my tissues today.My new surgery date will be on september 21, at least that's what they said this time. But I AM STILL HERE and we will see what happens!
Have any of you gone through anything like this? want to share?
lol
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Did you have your surgery? If so hope everything is well.

    ReplyDelete